The Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination is a crucial milestone in the academic journey of Bangladeshi students. It opens up a world of opportunities for higher education and employment. Therefore, it is important for students to be well-prepared for the HSC exam.
The National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB) of Bangladesh have made some important changes to the HSC syllabus for 2024. These changes are aimed at making the curriculum more relevant to the needs of the 21st century and to better prepare students for the challenges of higher education and the workforce.
Key changes in the HSC syllabus for 2024:
- New subject: Computer Science – Computer Science has become an essential skill in today’s world. Therefore, the NCTB has decided to introduce Computer Science as a new elective subject for HSC students in 2024. This will give students the opportunity to learn about the basics of computer science, including programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Updated syllabus for Mathematics and Physics– The syllabus for Mathematics and Physics has been updated to reflect the latest advances in these fields. The updated syllabus also focuses on developing students’ problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.
- Removed the compulsory third language requirement – The compulsory third language requirement has been removed from the HSC syllabus for 2024. This will give students more flexibility in choosing their subjects.
- Added a new elective subject: Environmental Studies – Environmental Studies has been added as a new elective subject for HSC students in 2024. This subject will teach students about the importance of environmental protection and sustainability.
- Reduced the number of exams from 9 to 8 – The number of HSC exams has been reduced from 9 to 8 in 2024. This is to reduce the stress on students and give them more time to focus on their studies.
How to prepare for the HSC exam with AccessTUTOR
AccessTUTOR is an online platform where students can find expert private tutors for tuition on different subjects. AccessTUTOR can help you prepare for the HSC exam in the following ways:
- Find a qualified tutor – AccessTUTOR has a large network of qualified and experienced tutors who can teach you all the subjects in the HSC syllabus. You can filter your search by subject, location, and budget to find the perfect tutor for you.
- Get personalized instruction – AccessTUTOR tutors provide personalized instruction to each student. This means that they can tailor their teaching methods to your individual needs and learning style.
- Get flexible scheduling – AccessTUTOR tutors offer flexible scheduling, so you can find a time that works for you. You can also choose to have your lessons online or in-person.
The changes to the HSC syllabus for 2024 are designed to make the curriculum more relevant to the needs of the 21st century and to better prepare students for the challenges of higher education and the workforce. If you are preparing for the HSC exam in 2024, be sure to review the changes to the syllabus and to consider getting tuition from an experienced tutor.
AccessTUTOR can help you find the perfect tutor to help you prepare for the HSC exam. With AccessTUTOR, you can get personalized instruction, flexible scheduling, and the support you need to succeed.